“The more work you do before you walk into the room, the more productive and efficient you’ll be.”
When planning your next meeting in Auckland, it is important to know what you should do beforehand, to ensure it is a success. Here are The Common’s top 6 tips to know when you are planning your next meeting in Auckland.
- Make sure the meeting is necessary! There are times where it can feel like having everybody in one place would be helpful for the team however this isn’t always the case. It may be more efficient to have a conference call via Zoom or set out your agenda through email.
- Schedule the meeting well in advance. In 2019 is seems everyone is booked up weeks in advance. Ensure you have your meeting in your invitees’ calendars first so they will have enough time to prepare and ensure they will be able to attend.
- Set an agenda for the meeting. Be sure you have set an agenda for the meeting as well as a start AND end time. This will keep you focused, on track and productive.
- Book an appropriate space: Whether you are meeting with your staff, clients, or prospects, it is important to bring them to a place where they can relax, be comfortable, and be taken care of.
- Research the area of the meeting and inform your guests of what you know. This includes spots for a coffee break, parking availability, and public transport options.
- Send out reminders. Whether it is through email, text or another form of communication, reminders must be sent! Everyone’s lives are so busy these days it is important to keep your meeting front of mind for attendees so they remember where they need to be and when they need to be there.
If you are looking for a modern boardroom or workshop space to hold your next big meeting, look no further. Event Space at The Common located centrally in Parnell, is the ideal place to hold your next meeting. With the option to seat up to 10 people in the boardroom or 50 people in the workshop space, alongside options for catering and tea & coffee, you won’t be disappointed. Book now with one of our team.